~ SCCYSL Referee Information ~
Referee Announcements for 2014:
New Rec Coed U19 Rules
Download this pdf for the Recreational Coed U19 Rules.
New Clinics for 2014 are posted (see below)
NOTICE! Please READ!
There has been an unusually high number of just plain incorrect referee Send-Off Reports. In these cases, the referees have simply been marking up the match card and sending that in with the player or coach pass and without the actual CYSA Send-Off Report.
This is unacceptable to District 2.
District 2 has implemented a very simple, easy to use, online, web-based Send-Off Report submission form page.
We strongly encourage all referees to use this as the preferred way to submit a Send-Off Report.
The form can be found at http://www.d2sra.org/train/clinic_schedule/sign_up/hdhok2eixqjz
It is also referenced in the Referee Procedures (Including Send-Offs) page at http://cysadistrict2.gotsport.com/clubsite/?p=332 which is on the D2 Spring League website.
Please help correct this problem before it gets any worse.
Referee Clinics for 2014:
DO YOU WANT TO BE A REFEREE?
Aptos Soccer Club is pleased to host a Grade 8 Entry-Level Referee Class. The class will be held at Aptos High School in the Cafeteria. Class times are as follows:
- Wednesday, February 26 – 6 Pm to 9 PM
- Thursday, February 27 – 6 PM to 9 AM
- Saturday March 1- 9 AM to 3 PM
- Sunday, March 2 – 9 AM to 3 PM
The class will cost $25, Checks made payable to Aptos Soccer Club and due the first day. It is an 18-hour course and you MUST attend all 18 hours. Be prepared and bring pen and paper for notes. At the end of the class there will be a 100-question test and you must get 75% or better to pass. Once you have passed, there will be a $45 fee to get your referee license. Checks made out to CNRA and payable on test day. You will be given a license number and your 2014 badge. You will then be eligible to work games.
To register go to the following link:
Class registration must be completed on this website.
If you have any questions, please contact at email@example.com
Any child 13 and above or adult who wants to become a PAID referee, needs to take the Class 8 Referee Class different clubs will be hosting classes on the dates below.
Depending on the age of the game that you are the referee for and whether you are center or assistant, you can make $25 - $35 per game. We offer training and practice to make you a good referee. You can do 1-3 games in a row and make good money. Your referee schedule can work around your own game schedule if you are playing.
You will need to buy the complete referee uniform and will be expected to wear it ever time you referee. Each club gives out yearly bonuses if you do 10 games for their club!
For more information please contact:
Susie Nowak- firstname.lastname@example.org
About The Classes:
- You must register for the class at the sign up link.
- Attendance is required for each and every day that the course is scheduled. This is an 18-hour course.
- The recommended age is 13. Attendees need to be mature enough to understand the material presented and to demonstrate this understanding on the written test.
- This course is mostly classroom lecture.
- Upon successful completion of the course that includes a passing score on a written test, candidates may register as Grade 8 Referees with the United States Soccer Federation and referee local youth soccer games in spring and fall leagues.
- Santa Cruz County Referees are required to attend a new referee on-field training
SCCYSL's On-Field Trainings -
On-Field Training for New Referees is Mandatory
- There is an On-Field Referee Training put on by each SCC soccer club
- Dates will be posted once arranged usually the middle of August to beginning of September.
- You must register for the class with the email listed and you will be given information at the end of your New Referee Clinic
- Come dressed in your referee attire and ready to work as Center and Assistant Referee.
On-Field New Referee Training Dates:
- MidCounty - TBA.
- SVSLV - TBA.
- Santa Cruz City - TBA
Please email Susie at email@example.com to reserve a spot
A Nation United - Referee Flag Patch
From the U.S. Soccer Communications Department -- Sept. 22, 2001
As part of a program to remember and honor the victims of the tragic events of September 11, U.S. Soccer is asking all referees and assistant referees to wear the United States' flag on the left sleeve of the referee uniform. Both MLS and the WUSA have endorsed this practice. The flags may be worn on the uniforms until further notice.
- Usage Note: The U.S. Flag patch should be worn centered on the left sleeve of the uniform shirt, three inches down from the shoulder seam and above all other markings or patches